Boat Loans - Good Sam Finance Center
Boat loans that really make a splash
We're here to help you with new and used boat loans, refinancing your existing boat loan or liveaboard financing if your boat is your primary residence.
We work with dealers and private parties, and our competitive rates can put you at the helm of 2001 or newer standard and custom power and sailboats. We also offer boat loans for vessels which have been difficult to finance historically, such as multi-hull, wood hull, high-performance and houseboats.
When you're ready to set sail, we make financing a boat a breeze.
Boat loan payment calculator
Estimate your monthly payment based on the boat you want to buy and your specific loan needs.
Here's what your monthly payment might look like:
How to finance your boat with Good Sam
Choose your boat & loan terms
Financing is based on the specific boat you purchase or refinance, and you can use our site to find the terms you're after.
1-3 Business Days
Apply & get a credit decision
Apply online and get a credit decision. In some cases, we may need more time to make a credit decision, if we need additional information from you. If approved, you'll receive details about your loan offer and next steps.
7-10 Business Days (Purchase)
9-12 Business Days (Refinance)
Sign loan documents & get funding
After credit approval, work with our team to submit required information on your boat, coordinate delivery of loan documents, return signed loan documents, and fund your loan.
8-10 weeks* (Used Purchase Only)
Title & register your boat
If we are processing your title and registration, after the loan has funded, you may need to work with our collateral team to document and/or register your boat before you set sail. Timing at this step varies by state.
*Turnaround time may be longer due to COVID-19
*Estimated APR, or Annual Percentage Rate, is the annual cost of the loan, which includes other charges and fees.
For example: a new purchase recreational use boat loan in the amount of $65,399 (which includes a $399 processing fee) with a 5-year loan term at a fixed interest rate of 3.49% would have an APR of 3.74% and 60 monthly payments of $1,189.46. This is only one example, and the APR and processing fee may differ for your specific transaction. Loans with longer terms may have higher rates.
- APR applied to the loan is the APR in effect on the date the application is received and is valid for 60 days.
- Individual rate may vary based on loan amount, loan term, vessel use, model, year, and type of boat.
- Boat must be 2001 model year or newer; for boat model year 2001 to 2010, add 0.25% to listed rates. For houseboats or high-performance boats, add 0.50% to the listed rates. Reduce 0.25% from listed rates for 100% electric motor boats. Each rate adjustment applies independently; multiple rate adjustments may apply for a single request.
- Minimum loan amount for pleasure/recreational use is $10,000. Minimum loan amount for primary resident (liveaboard) use is $25,000.
- Maximum loan term is based on loan amount. Maximum loan amount is calculated using an advance percentage determined by credit score.
- 700 minimum credit score required. Credit score may vary depending on credit reporting agency.
- Rates are subject to consumer loan program requirements and credit approval. Certain fees, closing costs, and restrictions may apply.
- Rates and terms may vary with market conditions and are subject to change without notice.
- In Puerto Rico, boat must be U.S. Coast Guard documented.